Monday, August 29, 2011

Mr. Popper's Penguins


First I know this isn't on DVD yet, but it will be soon enough... Okay... But I felt that after watching it with my grandson, I should say something about it.

This 2011 family comedy is based on the children's book of the same name, written by Richard and Florence Atwater, originally published in 1938. Wow... that took awhile to make it to the big screen. All I really need to say about the film is this: Jim Carry costarring with six penguins. Come on... do I really need to say more. The film is funny if not predictable at times, but hey, it's a family film. The humor is understandable by both children and adults, so everyone can enjoy it. I would have to say that this film might be Jim Carry's finest film in a long time, and my favorite to date.

I have to give Mr. Popper's Penguins a solid 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment