Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vampire Diaries vs Twilight


I really don't believe there is any comparison between the two, however there are some similarities. Both have a teen-age girl in love with a vampire, both girls are brunettes, both vampires are on the wagon when it come to human blood ( well at least up until the end of season 2 of Diaries.), both have werewolves, and in both the vampires can walk in the sunlight. Of course the difference in the latter is that in Twilight sunlight just makes them sparkle (this is the one thing in the films I hated, it's a little tinkerbellish for me), where as in Diaries the sunlight can still kill them, they are only able to walk in the day do to charmed items. The only exception to this is Klaus and his family, which are the original vampires.


Both are filled with romance, and have danger lurking just out of sight, but in Diaries they face their foes head on with fangs bared. Rather it be Stefan, Damon, or Katherine, killing to protect and survive is second nature to them. Cross them and die. You can't say that about Edward or most of his family, killing is always a last resort. Sorry, that is just not true vampire style. I mean they have fangs for a reason, right?


Vampire diaries goes deeper into the supernatural realm then Twilight as well. There are not just vampires and werewolves, there are witches, vampire hunters, ghosts, and the ultimate predator, Klaus... a original that is half vampire, half werewolf. And to be honest, I personally think that the romance in Diaries is much deeper, and covers more than just the vampire lover teen and her vamp and werewolf. Vampire Diaries takes you into the life of each and every character, even the ones that don't stay around for more than a couple episodes.


I don't want to give the wrong impression here, I like the Twilight films, I liked the books, and yes I am ready for the next movie to come out. But, I have to say I am more excited about the new season of Vampire Diaries starting back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment