Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vampire Diaries Character Review: Damon Salvatore



I am starting the character reviews with Damon simply because I am partial to darker characters, and when it comes to the Vampire Diaries Damon is one of the darkest. His entrance into the show was so cool, so frightening, and down right vicious. His hell bent attitude to make his brother Stefan's life miserable, and his true thirst for blood, make Devon the villain for most of the shows first season. But his desire to keep Elena safe, and his undeniable love for Kathrine gives him more depth, and more lovable to the shows fans. By the end of last season the tables had turned a bit. His love had bent more toward Elena, and Elena seems to share those feeling, at least a part of her does, bringing the triangle to an even more powerful point then ever. I think we are going to see some serious changes in Devon in the new season, but something tells me he will never be what his brother was. Damon's taste for human blood is strong, and he enjoys the hunt far to much for him to jump on the wagon and stay there for long.



Okay, has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Ian Somerhalder and eighties heart-throb Rob Lowe? I had to take a second look when I first seen him on the show. It was uncanny... I had to watch the credits at the end, and was shocked not to see the name Lowe anywhere. Below is a photo of Ian and Rob, tell me it doesn't make you think Rob was off doing a little you know what, around Covington, Louisiana about 33-34 years ago. Just Kidding Ian...

No comments:

Post a Comment