Monday, August 15, 2011

The Vampire Diaries



First I have to say that I just watched the first episode of The Vampire Diaries a few months ago. I had heard of the show, seen some previews, but wrote it off as another teen vampdrama riding on the skirt tails of Twilight. Wow was I ever wrong. This show has fangs as well as heart, and follows the same guidelines that I do in my own writing. Strong, believable characters - don't let the gore fuel the story - and lastly that no character is truly safe. Although there are similarities between Diaries and Twilight, the differences are obvious in the first episode. The casting could not have been better, and the writing is so strong it makes it easy to believe. If you are like me and passed up this show, I suggest that you go out and pick up the first two seasons. But make sure you don't start watching until you have a couple of free days. Why? Because once you start watching you won't want to stop. Season three will be kicking off soon, but I am sure not soon enough for its fan base.

I have much more to say about this series, but that will come in later bogs. So keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment